Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Why Blog?

Blogging is not something that comes natural to me.  With the exception of sermons and such I have always been taught that the safe thing to do was to keep my ideas to myself.  It would prevent arguments and hurt feelings, because of course everyone knows that religion is up there with politics as something you shouldn't discuss...

But then one of the preachers at the Festival of Homiletics (that means preaching) pointed out that there are lots of people out there who are blogging about God, Jesus, faith, hope, religion, etc...  Some of them are good, and some of them are giving the world the impression that Christians are crazy extremists.  He suggested that what the Internet needs is just honest expressions of faith.  Someone needs to be shining the light of love and grace to a hurting world.

I am not an expert, just a fellow pilgrim on the journey.  I have spent a lot of time studying, and earned my MDiv, so I may be qualified to help find some answers.  But as a Presbyterian, I believe in the Priesthood of All Believers.  Each of us is able to read scripture and pray to God.

But I am screwing up my courage and putting myself out here so that we can travel this road of faith together.  I hope that our musing together can bring us all closer to the God of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment